This is the story of my 6 months of studying in Arizona in 2010 and subsequent travels in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Life is good... On a rooftop terrace in Guanajuato! Day 11

The description of my second day in Guanajuato (Monday Jan. 24th) can be done very shortly! I didn't really feel like doing much, so when I got out of bed around 9, I went to the supermarket to get bread, cheese, ham, oat meal grains, raisins and milk. Well equipped I went back to the hotel, and up to the terrace on the roof with my laptop, book, and all the food.

I spent the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon up there, and forgetting to consider the altitude of the mountain town and the fact that thought the wind was blowing and I didn't feel too warm, I got sunburned. Tsk tsk. Not too bad though, so lets just call it a reminder. ;)

The press waiting for a good shot.
It was a great day up there, I really enjoyed the weather, the view, and not having to do anything. However, around 4 PM i climbed down, slept for 30 mins, before I headed out. I wanted to see the University and take a funicular up to a statue, from where there was a great view of the city. However the latter turned out to be somewhat of a challenge, as Hillary Clinton was in town! She was going to speak in the Teatro Juarez, which is immediately in front of the funicular. Of course it was all  guarded by loads of scary looking people and the press. While I tried to find another way and was unsuccessful in doing so, Mrs. CLinton finished her speech, and the circus moved along so I could get to the funicular.

The view really was nice, though when I got up the sky was covered with clouds (for once!). I decided that it wasn't fair and that the clouds would probably go away - and they did. :) Just as the sun was going down an orange light spread across the city. Beautiful. I waited to see also the dusk and the city in the dark, and got some good pics.

Afterwards I went to a little taco place to get a cheap dinner to go. Back on the terrace I was eating my tacos and talking to some of the other hotel guests, who gave me some travel suggestions. Always nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment