This is the story of my 6 months of studying in Arizona in 2010 and subsequent travels in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Checking out the rec center

Just a little post for the sake of procrastination (DK = overspringshandling :))... I've had a slightly tiring 24 hours, with my visa card blocked yesterday, which I needed to fix by calling the bank when they opened (ie. late at night my time). At least I managed! Weird feeling not to have access to money, credit card nor cash.

So going to bed late and waking up early for a class with a test at 8 AM wasn't my favorite. I managed 18/20 in the test, and trying to get the last two points by arguing that a motivated pharmacist is not only part of the structure for quality, but also a result! Anyway...

Was reading a bit after class, and then visiting a professor from another course to borrow some books on Public Health. Maybe that will help me understand the whole basis for one of my more challenging courses better. Then I spent some hours in the library preparing a paper and chatting too much with people online. :) Just the perfect time to reach people in CET.

Went home, but was distracted by a stop in the bookstore, where I left with some paper (which was what I went in for) and two nice Arizona t-hsirts (which took me quite a while to choose). Hence delayed I went home to study more, fell asleep of course, and then... believe it or not, I dragged myself out of bed at 6 PM to go to the Recreational Center (like a gym). Ive been swimming there several times, but this time I wanted to use the cardiac machines, which are awesomely individually equipped with television screens and 40 different channels. What else can I say but... Welcome to the US.

Check it out: Campus Rec

I finished my training off with a swim in the warm water in the outside pool under the stars... Niiiiiice! :)
And now I should really get back to my studies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment